What are they?
A Cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow a web page, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information it contains and the way they use their equipment, they can be used to recognize the user. Cookies are essential for the functioning of the internet, providing innumerable advantages in the provision of interactive services, facilitating the navigation and usability of our website.
Types of cookies
The information we provide below will help you understand the different types of cookies.
According to the entity that manages them
- Own cookies: These are those that are collected by the editor himself to provide the service requested by the user.
- Third-party cookies: These are those that are collected and managed by a third party, these cannot be considered their own.
According to the period of time they remain activated
- Session cookies: They collect data while the user browses the network in order to provide the requested service.
- Persistent cookies: They are stored in the terminal and the information obtained will be used by the person responsible for the cookie in order to provide the requested service.
According to its purpose
- Technical cookies: They are necessary for proper web browsing.
- Personalization cookies: They allow the user the characteristics (language) for browsing the web page.
- Analysis cookies: They allow the provider to analyze the user’s browsing, in order to keep track of the use of the website, as well as to compile statistics on the most visited content, number of visitors, etc.
- Advertising cookies: They allow the editor to include advertising spaces on the web, depending on the content of the web itself.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: They allow the editor to include advertising spaces on the website according to the information obtained through the user’s browsing habits.
According to the provisions of article 22.2 of Law 34/2002, of July 11, on Services of the Information Society and Electronic Commerce (LSSI-CE), HYDROMETEOROLOGICAL INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS SL informs of the cookies used on our website:
Likewise, HYDROMETEOROLOGICAL INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS SL informs the user that they have the possibility of configuring their browser so that they are informed of the receipt of cookies, being able, if they wish, to prevent them from being installed on their hard drive.
Below we provide the links of various browsers, through which you can make such configuration:
Notwithstanding the foregoing, keep in mind that the deactivation of cookies may affect the correct functioning of certain sections of the website.